The estimator is responsible for preparing estimates for plans and specifications submitted by the sales department.
- Maintenance of company estimating software, databases and manuals
- Provide the sales department with a scheduled date of completion for the Proposal upon receipt of the plans and specs. This should be kept to a maximum of two weeks.
- Preparation of the estimate
~ Review the Request for Estimate, plans, specifications, structural drawings, etc.
~ Visit the job site when possible
~ Obtain Subcontractor Quotes for firm estimates
~ Conduct materials take-offs and obtain materials quotes
~ Contact the salesperson and/or architect/designer to answer questions as needed
~ Assemble the Budget
~ Assemble the Proposal
~ Complete the Job Complexity Form
~ Assemble Project Schedule
- Provide Proposal, Schedule and Budget to President for review
- Provide Proposal and Schedule to Sales Person for review
- Cost code and approve invoices
- Execute subcontracts, entering into MasterBuilder, verifying insurance and adding subcontractor to BuilderTrend schedule
- Prepare Job Debrief review for profits, problems and other issues on larger projects
- Assist in maintaining and updating the Carpentry Standards Manual
- Be available to answer Project Manager and Production Manager questions
- Periodically visit current jobs to assess work quality, adherence to specifications and schedules