Bathroom Remodeling Guide
A well-designed, well-crafted bathroom is easy to maintain, a pleasure to use, and a wonderful complement to the overall design of your home. Encore’s designers are skilled at creating hard-working bathrooms that look beautiful. We’ll help you make the tough decisions, but here are five things to think about before we get started.
- How do you use the room? Are you and your family members in and out of the bathroom in five minutes, or do you like to relax with long, hot showers or baths? Is make-up applied in the bathroom? Do multiple people use the bathroom at one time? You may fall in love with a picture of a bathroom in a magazine, but it’s important to make sure your bathroom design and fixtures suit the way you actually live your life. Encore’s bathroom designers will ask questions to help you determine the bathroom features that are right for you and your family.
- What are your goals for the project? Do you just want to give your bathroom a fresher look or are there shortcomings that you would like to address? For example, clients have come to us for:
- More space with a larger shower
- Improved storage
- Updated fixtures and finishes
- Energy-saving updates
- Better layout
- Do you have specific fixtures in mind? Thinking about upgrading to double sinks or a luxurious shower with multiple jets? Considering a pedestal sink? Your fixture selections can have a major impact on the overall lay-
out and design of your bathroom, so be sure to consider your preferences early in the planning process.
- What is your budget? No one wants to divulge a budget, yet it is impossible to create a realistic bathroom design without one. Your budget will dictate the best designs and materials for you. When developing your budget, consider how long you plan to stay in your home. Will you be able to amortize the cost of remodeling over years – or even decades – of enjoyment, or do you anticipate moving in the relatively near future? Set a budget that is comfortable for you, even if it means that difficult choices need to be made when it comes to wants versus needs
- What is your desired schedule? From concept to completion, major bathroom remodels take ap-proximately three months. If you have a specific deadline such as a holiday or family celebration, be sure to tell us so we can let you know if the project can reasonably be completed in that time frame. Think about your ideal start and completion dates, as well as your plans during the construction phase. If you plan to be away, we’ll make sure that all necessary decisions have been made in advance so your absence does not slow down the project.
We are looking forward to working with you!